Organize your church or school events and collaborate on editing among your staff
Create - Set up your account for the first time, add calendar events and additional calendars Video Tutorial
- Go to calendar.google.com and sign up for a Google account or sign in to your existing account.
- Navigate to specific dates using the small monthly calendar in the upper left. Use the tabs in the upper right area to select different views.
- Add items to your calendar by clicking on the date and time of the event and filling in the details. Use the edit event details link to add recurring events, reminders and event invitations.
- In the My calendars area on the left, click Create to add a new calendar. You may want separate calendars for church, school, sports, etc.
- In the My calendars area on the left, click on the down arrow to the right of the calendar name you wish to share. In the pop up menu which is displayed, select the Share this calendar option.
- If you want the calendar to be viewable by others who browse the web and/or viewable on your own web site, check the first box beside the Make this calendar public option.
- If you want to allow other people to add and edit events on the calendar, type their e-mail address in the Share with specific people area. Select the desired editing permissions you want to grant for the particular person. Repeat the process to continue adding people for sharing, as needed. For a church or school setting it may be appropriate for all staff members to share the calendar. If the person added does not have an existing Google account they will be e-mailed an invitation to join.
- In the My calendars area on the left, click on the down arrow to the right of the calendar name you wish to share. In the pop up menu which is displayed, select the Calendar Settings option.
- In the Embed this calendar area, copy (Control/Command+A to select & Control/Command+C to copy) the HTML coding that is displayed. Alternatively, click the Customize the color, size, and other options link to modify the calendar display to fit your web site needs. When you have completed your customizations of the display, copy the HTML coding.
- On your own web site, paste (Control/Command+V) the HTML coding in the desired location. If you use a WYSIWYG online text editor, be sure to paste the HTML coding in the Source code view.